Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blue Juliette

We recently returned from a week long trip to BC with a cooler full of cheese (and about 15 bottles of wine!) New cheeses, stuff I had never tasted before! Most of it is made from goats milk (which thrills me no end.) While it was hard to choose a favorite, I think I have. Salt Spring Island Cheese Co.'s Blue Juliette is probably one of the best cheeses I have ever tasted.



The soft-surface ripened goat cheese has a lovely blue mold rind and a delightfully mild blue cheese flavor. The texture is similar to a perfectly ripened triple cream brie, gooey and smooth. And a bonus for those of you who are sensitive to cow's milk - goats milk is much easier to digest so you can enjoy this lovely cheese too.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down a website that you can order from but if you are in the area, the Salt Spring Island Cheese Co.'s tasting room and shop is open daily, and visitors are welcome to take a self-guided tour of the property year-round.

No comments: